- To reserve the property known as Le Pressoir or the property known as La Grange,
Manoir de Laize, the client should complete and sign the booking form and return it,
together with an intitial non-refundable deposit representing 25% of the total rental
cost. The owners will issue a confirmation letter, which is the formal acceptance of
- The balance of the rental cost, together with a returnable security deposit of £120
is due eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If full payment is not received
by the due date, the owner reserves the right to cancel the reservation and the client will
remain liable to pay the balance if the owner is unable to re-let the property. In the
event of cancellation by the client, a refund will be made if the owner is able to re-let
the property, less the cost of any expenses or losses incurred. Reservations made within
eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
In any event of cancellation, the security deposit will be refunded in full.
- A cheque for the amount of the security deposit (£120 per property), less the cost of
any breakages or damage which may arise to the property or its contents, will be refunded
by post within 10 days of the finish of the rental period. However the sum reserved by this
clause shall not limit the client’s liability to the owner.
- The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the
- The maximum number to reside in the property “Le Pressoir” shall not exceed seven.
The maximum number to reside in the property “La Grange” shall not exceed six. Non-residents
of either property may not use the swimming pool or bicycle facilities of Manoir de Laize.
- Cost of electricity and hot water, but not heating, are included within the rental fee.
- The client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property and
to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The owner
reserves the right to make retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning
costs if the property is left in an unacceptable state.
- Use of the swimming pool, bicycles, and all other facilities at Manoir de Laize are
entirely at the risk of the user. All residents agree to abide by safety laws, rules and
- The client shall report to the owner without delay any defects in the property or
breakdown of equipment or appliances and arrangements will be made for their repair or
- The owner shall not be liable to the client for any temporary defect or stoppage in the
supply of services, equipment or appliances at the property, nor for any loss, damage or
injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, strikes, or other matters beyond
the control of the owner. The owner shall not be liable to the client for any loss, damage
or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client should the property be destroyed or
substantially damaged before the start of or during the rental period and in any such event
the owner shall refund all sums previously paid in respect of the rental fee.
- Under no circumstances shall the owner’s liability to the client exceed the amount
paid to the owner for the rental period.
- It is strongly advised that all clients purchase suitable travel insurance for the
period of their holiday.